Practicalities of the proposed design of the course.
- Existing learning activities critically reviewed – what works and what doesn’t.
- Proposed learning objects, media and activities are described, as well as the way in which they will be used.
- Reflection on resourcing, including any new technologies, staffing and training provided.
Learning objects and media:
- Wikieducator Embedding Literacy and Numeracy
- Course Blog in Moodle
- Moodle: Staff Support for Embedding Literacy
- Moodle: Staff Support for Embedding Numeracy
- Wikieducator Develop Skills for Tertiary Study
- Communication with course participants through blog and forums in Moodle
Wikieducator will be used as the ‘face ‘ of the course. It will have links to resources and contain the instructions and requirements for assessment. Wikieducator is chosen because it is open source software and can be accessed without a password and easily off campus. Moodle will be used as a resource repository for Otago Polytechnic specific resources and the forum and blog functions will be used for communication.
- Face to face meetings with course facilitator
- Lunchtime workshops and presentations from L&N ‘Champions’
- Arranged teaching observations of experienced L&N embedders
- Opportunities for team teaching with L & N Advisor
- Teaching Portfolio (see Assessment)
- L & N Advisors in School of Foundation Learning and Learning Centre and EDC
- Evidence of successful L&N embedding in Teaching Portfolio
- The Teaching Portfolio will count towards RPL for Unit Standard 21204 in the NCALE