Chrissie has asked for another project update:
Learning Centre website: A meeting with the web developer about three weeks ago will hopefully soon result in a new page for the Learning Centre which we can load content into. I sent Tom some images at his request and am waiting to see what he comes up with.
Creation of Short Courses: These are continuing.
1. The Peer Tutor training course is developed and in use now. It is a living document and will continue to be developed as time allows.
2. Develop Skills for Tertiary Study: This course is in development and aspects of it should be ready for use by orientation and induction next year.
3. Improving Your Literacy: Still to be developed. An additional developer for this course is recommended.
4. Improving your Numeracy: Still to be developed. An additional developer for this course is recommended.
5. Computer Literacy Skills: This has recently been identified as a priority. Two meetings were held recently to talk about the possible contents for this course and a list was created in wikieducator. Some progress is being made towards authoring the material for this course but it does require a degree of technical know how. Consequently there is a “training” aspect involved before content can be created. This job could be expediated by involving more people in the Polytechnic with technical skills and knowledge of IT applications. The involvement of interested staff from the CLC’s would improve the progress of this project.